Thursday, December 16, 2010

Happy 60th Mom!

Dear Mom,

I want to take time today to thank you.  Thank you for showing me through your actions that you love me.  I never doubted your love for me the whole time I was growing up and that says a lot about the type of mom you were and are to me.  I thank you for always going out of your way to make the little things happen.  I thank you for showing me what a wife should do for her husband and what I should expect in a mate.  Thank you for not being afraid to be affectionate in front of us because I thought it was really cool that you and dad were a rock.  Thank you for my Christian values, for making me go to church on those Sunday mornings when I wanted to sleep in as a teen.Thank you for teaching me to put the Lord God Almighty at the head of my home.  Thank you for always being honest with me even when it might hurt sometimes. Thanks for never giving up on me even when I had pretty much given up on myself at times. Thank you for sacrificing things so that I could have the things I thought were important at the time. Thank you for giving me three of the best siblings a person could ask for and for always stressing the importance of our bond, you were right.  Thank you for showing me how to care for my babies...you were a superb role model.  Thank you for being the best Grandma you know how to be.  My children will remember times with grandma fondly and that is so very important to me. 

Today, on December 16th 60 years ago the most important female in my life was born.  I thank God he chose you to be my mom, for I know I would be not half the person I am without you.

Love, Marci

No comments:

Post a Comment