Friday, October 7, 2011

Top Ten Favorites

It's been a crazy busy fall. I'm teaching Confirmation classes and taking a photography class not to mention the kids are active which I'm sure you are shocked. We are managing to get family meals in a couple nights of the week and family time playing football in the yard and family fun nights, which have always been a staple in our home. When Nate and Elaina were little, like 3 and a new baby I started using Flylady.net, I mentioned her in my last post.  Anyway, she always stresses the importance of scheduling Family Fun night and Date night.  Brad and I had always been pretty good at scheduling date night(something my parents taught me growing up) but I had never even thought about actually initiating and scheduling family fun night, sure we always had family time but to actually schedule it and let the kids be in on the decisions behind it.  We don't get to do it every Friday night anymore because our kids are so busy but if I look on my calendar and see a free Friday night we plan something, it might be staying in and making homemade pizzas and watching a movie or maybe bowling or putt putt golf,maybe a  movie or something kid friendly...they love arcades, yikes!

Here is my top 10 list that I have been loving lately:
Ava Elise
1: Holding my new niece Ava, any chance I get: Gosh I miss that infant stage the way she smells and the way she turns her lip on one side before her smile travels across her face.  I love her wonder and aw at the world.  She is by far my little secret obsession(sorry Nelle) I could hold her all day..to bad I have other obligations.
2.  Little hands in mine while we cross the street or when we are walking somewhere.  I relish it every time it happens because I know that not to long from now she will be batting my hand away because it's not cool anymore.
3.  Watching Brandon and Brayden play football together.  Brandon is the quarterback and Brayden is his wide receiver. It's so cool that these two get an opportunity play together.  Two cousins who always have each other no matter what.  Brandon loves to throw that ball. Uncle Ryan is his coach and he loves his uncle Ry and takes in everything he says.
4. Elaina with her friends.  Her friendships have blossomed over the last two years and it's good to watch and know that those few girls, especially her bestie, will always have her back..
5.Nate's changing voice. I love how deep it's getting.  It's quite weird though.  I yell down for him and he yells back and I have to laugh a little and cry a little because it's not that little boys voice anymore...I wish I could bottle that voice and on those days when I'm pissed off at him and forget how sweet his little boy voice once was, I could open it up and just listen.  I don't have time to put in a video of days gone by very often, so that bottle would be nice.
6. Cooking for my family.  I love to cook. I enjoy putting a good meal on that is healthy and tasty. I love crockpotgirls.com, picky-palate.com and the foodnetwork magazine.
7. Late night talks with my husband.  I love to chat with him.It's amazing what you miss if you don't stop and chat.  Plus I know when the last kids gone he's who I will be left with so I better keep in touch with him. It's painful the next morning because  we are both up by 5:30 a.m. but those talks I will always cherish as well date nights.




7. Ella hulla hooping.  She can go forever and ever.  She makes me laugh out loud...LOVE IT!!
8. Morning coffee and silence...I relish that 15 minutes I have every morning while I make breakfast. 
9.  Fall, I love the colors of fall and I love anything with apples or pumpkin... it warms my heart.
10.  Having quality time with all of my family and friends.  I seem to not be able to get enough of that lately and I need it.
11. I know I said 10 but my Ella must have cut her hair last night(just noticed it) because it's a little short on one side...NOT loving that but the funny part is she says that Nate did it! That's gotta be another favorite for me..blame the 14 year old:)

Blessings,
Marci








2 comments:

  1. Marci,

    I didn't even know you did this!! How very cool!! You are quite the photographer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I use to actually have time for a hobby or two...lol

    ReplyDelete