Friday, November 12, 2010

Gratitude

This month in our home is always focused on gratitude.  Every morning before my kiddos get out of the car to go to school I have them say one thing they are thankful for.  I love their responses, some are serious but some are funny.  I tell them that God's blessing are abundant and that sometimes we are so busy that we don't see all that surrounds us.   I love this quote, " Thankfulness is a learned discipline that cures our discontent and fosters joy." It is so very true and I want my children to always have gratitude. 

The things I am thankful for are many but here are some of mine:
* I am thankful for an amazing husband who is my rock and who gets me no matter what.
* I am thankful for the amazing upbringing that I had and amazing role models I had in marriage and parenting.
* I am thankful for baby kisses. Each cheek and then a big smooch on my lips...oh how I will miss those kisses someday.
 *I am thankful for toothless grins just seeing them makes my day a little brighter.
* I am thankful for watching my oldest daughter care for her sister in a way that tells me she will be the most amazing mommy someday.
* I am thankful for the teenager in my home.  I love how everyday you become more of a man and less of a boy.  I do miss those chubby cheeks with hands held up to them when you would ask questions, but I'm in this for the long haul and I can't wait to see what you will become.
* I am thankful for my siblings...they are all a necessity in my life. Each brings what I need when I need it.
*good in-laws,amazing nieces and nephews,  good friends, coffee in the morning while I drive my bus to school and back,date nights and much much more.

"Give Thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

What are you thankful for?
Blessings,
Marci

2 comments:

  1. Probably my favorite post of yours yet! I love, love, love that quote. Any idea who said it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda, I can't find the author of the quote but now I'm determined. I'll let you know if I find it:)

    ReplyDelete